Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Lowest Price Guarantee
up to 24 hours in advance
3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Learn about life inside Rocinha, one of Rio de Janeiro’s largest favelas. You’re driven to the top of the slum community, located on a hillside that overlooks the city, before you descend on foot. Your guide offers insight on Rocinha’s socioeconomic issues and the lives of its inhabitants during your walk.
- Guided tour of Rocinha, the largest favela in Rio
- See tremendous views of the city from the hillside
- Learn about local businesses, childcare, and art by its residents
- Hotel pickup and drop-off provided in the central district and South Zone
Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointR. Barata Ribeiro, 111 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22011-001, Brazil
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Be a Local Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Favela Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Favela Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Favela Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Favela Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
What is the maximum group size during Favela Tour?
This activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Favela Tour.
See all safety measures taken by Favela Tour.
- "At times, photos were not allowed yet people took pictures which were later deleted." See review
Product code: 10931P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingRio de JaneiroBus Tours - Southeast BrazilCity Tours - Southeast BrazilWalking Tours - Southeast BrazilHalf-day Tours - Southeast BrazilBus Tours - Ilha GrandeCity Tours - Ilha GrandeWalking Tours - Ilha GrandeHalf-day Tours - Ilha GrandeBus Tours - BúziosCity Tours - BúziosWalking Tours - BúziosHalf-day Tours - BúziosCategory
PetropolisCopacabana Fort (Forte de Copacabana)Ipanema Hippie Fair (Feira Hippie de Ipanema)Copacabana Fort (Forte de Copacabana)Quinta da Boa Vista Park (Parque da Quinta da Boa Vista)RioZoo (Jardim Zoológico do Rio de Janeiro)Recreio dos Bandeirantes BeachRio Art Museum (Museu de Arte do Rio)Rio de Janeiro National Fine Arts Museum (Museu Nacional de Belas Artes)Samba City (Cidade do Samba)Paineiras Road (Estrada das Paineiras)Rio de Janeiro Museum of Modern Art (Museu de Arte Moderna)Santa Marta FavelaChacara do Ceu MuseumMorro Dois IrmaosLeblon Beach (Praia do Leblon)Petropolis Wax Museum (Museu de Cera de Petrópolis)Post Office Cultural Center (Centro Cultural Correios)NiteroiMarapendi Natural Reserve (Parque Natural Municipal de Marapendi)