- 5-hour biking and hiking tour of Two Brothers Hills from Rio de Janeiro
- Pedal along the seafront promenade of Copacabana beach
- Get a glimpse of life in the Vidigal favela as you drive into the hills
- Enjoy a guided hike to the summit of the Two Brothers Hills
- Marvel at views of Tijuca forest, the Christ the Redeemer statue, and Sao Conrado beach
- Easy to moderate level hike suitable for hikers with some experience
- Small-group tour limited to four people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointRio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro
Departure Point: Copacabana Beach Address: In front of Av. Atlântica, 3264 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22070-001 Directions: Meet on the corner of Xavier da Silveira Street and Atlantica Ave, in front of the Othon Hotel.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
At the western end of the beach, leave your bikes and hop in a taxi for a ride through the hillside favelas to reach the starting point of your hike. Listen as your guide explains the difficulties of life in the favelas as you wind through the ramshackle buildings of the Vidigal favela, and hear how it became one of the city’s ‘pacified’ favelas.
Arrive at the very top of the favela, with the peaks of the Two Brothers looming overhead, and set out on the route to the summit. Accompanied by your guide, enjoy an around 2-hour round-trip hike to the top, following lush forest trails and perhaps spotting wildlife such as monkeys and tropical birds along the way. Pause to admire the spectacular views at the summit, which span the entire city, including the Tijuca forest, the Rocinha favela, and Sao Conrado beach. From your high vantage point, see if you can spot Rio landmarks such as the Christ the Redeemer Statue, perched high atop Corcovado mountain.
After hiking back down the hill and passing through the favela, pick up your bikes and cycle back to your starting point at Copacabana beach, where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rio Active Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Biking and Hiking Tour from Copacabana to Two Brothers Hill.
- "Views unlike any other touristy-place, a thoroughly enjoyable and easy hike, plus exciting bicycling and biking experiences to boot!" See review
- "Wouldn't say the hike was easy but we were doing it 40+temperature, but the veiw from the top makes it worth the climb." See review
- "This is a chance to experience the beach, favella, and hike to wonderful views." See review