5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Travel with a small group on this half-day city tour of Rio de Janeiro and experience life like a local. You’re introduced to three Brazilian favorites—soccer, samba, and shopping—with a guide who is passionate about them all. Visit Maracanã stadium, the Sambadrome, and the Saara shopping district in downtown Rio. A caipirinha is included, with hotel transport provided by air-conditioned minivan.
- Guided tour of Rio like a local includes hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Have time for shopping in the Saara district downtown
- Sip a caipirinha and learn about Brazil’s national drink
- Numbers are limited to 15: intimate look at Maracanã stadium and Sambadrome
Saved to wishlist!
01 Complimentary Caipirinha
Entrance to Maracana Stadium
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup is available from most hotels in the areas of Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Flamengo and Downtown (Centro). Contact us back to adjust the pickup time.
For Barra da Tijuca/ Recreio we provide pick-up for an additional 10 USD per person that must be paid directly to the tour guide on the day of the tour.
- PIER MAUÁ
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- If requested, you must present a copy of your ID.
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- We do not operate this tour on Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and Carnival season.
- During soccer games, the Maracana Stadium is closed for visitation.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers per Minivan.
- Minimum of 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rio Carioca Tour Ltda
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Be a true Rios local for a day with Hotel pick-up and drop-off?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Be a true Rios local for a day with Hotel pick-up and drop-off?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Be a true Rios local for a day with Hotel pick-up and drop-off?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Be a true Rios local for a day with Hotel pick-up and drop-off?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 8753P138
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursCity ToursPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingRio de JaneiroShore Excursions - Southeast BrazilBus Tours - Southeast BrazilCity Tours - Southeast BrazilPorts of Call Tours - Southeast BrazilHalf-day Tours - Southeast BrazilShore Excursions - Ilha GrandeBus Tours - Ilha GrandeCity Tours - Ilha GrandePorts of Call Tours - Ilha GrandeHalf-day Tours - Ilha GrandeShore Excursions - BúziosBus Tours - BúziosCity Tours - BúziosPorts of Call Tours - BúziosHalf-day Tours - BúziosCategory
Flamengo Park (Aterro do Flamengo)Lapa NeighborhoodCatete Palace (Palácio do Catete)Museum of Tomorrow (Museu do Amanha)AquaRio AquariumRecreio dos Bandeirantes BeachSanta Teresa (Barrio Santa Teresa)Sao Francisco da Penitencia Church (Igreja Sao Francisco da Penitencia)Lage Park (Parque Lage) Pedra BonitaLeblon Beach (Praia do Leblon)Guanabara BayRio de Janeiro Royal Palace (Paco Imperial)RioZoo (Jardim Zoológico do Rio de Janeiro)Casa Franca-BrasilRed Beach (Praia Vermelha)Morro da UrcaNational Library of Brasil (Biblioteca Nacional do Brasil)Quinta da Boa Vista Park (Parque da Quinta da Boa Vista)La Candelaria Church (Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria)