6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Get off the beaten tourist path on this paddleboarding tour from Reykjavík to the wild, hidden fjord of Hvalfjordur, missed by most visitors to Iceland. In a small group of no more than eight people, paddle out on the open Atlantic Ocean and take in its serenity and local wildlife, such as eagles, seals, and if you are lucky, whales. Your guide offers any guidance you may need and shares insights into the history and culture of the local area.
- Small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience
- Includes all necessary equipment and guidance: No SUP experience required
- Get insight into the culture and history of this hidden gem from your guide
- Hassle-free round-trip transport from Reykjavík: Choice of pickup/drop-off points
Saved to wishlist!
Red Paddle Co. Equipment
Pick up and return
English speaking instructor
Small group guarantee
Drysuit (hands and head are exposed)
Food and drinks
Hat & Gloves
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
This tour is highly weather dependent.
We will contact you closer to the date for the optimal pick up time.
Reykjavik downtown official Tour Bus Stops:
- Tour Bus Stop 1, Ráðhúsið - City Hall, Vonarstraeti (64.146316,-21.941491)
- Tour Bus Stop 2, Tjörnin - The Pond, Maedragardur on Laekjargata (64.145763,-21.938547)
- Tour Bus Stop 3, Lækjargata, Laekjargata 4 (64.14678,-21.937296)
- Tour Bus Stop 4, Miðbakki, parking lot by Geirsgata (64.150278,-21.9405)
- Tour Bus Stop 5, Harpa, Austurbakki 2 (64.14678,-21.937296)
- Tour Bus Stop 6, The Culture House, Hverfisgata 15 by Arnarholl (64.147454,-21.932894)
- Tour Bus Stop 7, Traðarkot, Hverfisgata 20 (64.146706,-21.930425)
- Tour Bus Stop 8, Hallgrímskirkja, by Eiriksgata (64.141548,-21.927973)
- Tour Bus Stop 9, Snorrabraut, Snorrabraut 24 (64.143497,-21.916289)
- Tour Bus Stop 10, Hlemmur, Laugavegur 105 (64.143155,-21.915414)
- Tour Bus Stop 11, Austurbær, Snorrabraut 37 (64.142364,-21.917228)
- Tour Bus Stop 12, Höfðatorg, Þórunnartún 6 (64.144389,-21.910327)
- Tour Bus Stop 13, Rauðarárstígur, Laugavegur 120 (64.142658,-21.913866)
More locations we also offer pick up service from:
- Perlan Museum
- Klambratún parking lot
- Mjódd / Olís gas station
- BSI Bus Terminal - front / taxi side
- Sport Hostel - Glaesibær / Álfheimar
- Kringlan - Orkan gas station / Joey & The Juice
- Ártún - Orkan gas station / Vesturlandsvegur, direction out of town
- Reykjavik Domestic Airport, Reykjavik Iceland
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Clothing suitable for the weather; waterproofs
- Bring lunch or snack
- Make sure that any electronic or valued items you bring with you on the water are waterproof or in a waterproof case
- Be comfortable in water and able to swim
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’7) tall / maximum 200cm (6’6) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be minimum 14 years of age, please contact us regarding young participants
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Adventure Vikings
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during SUP Into The Forgotten Fjord with Transfer | Small Group ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during SUP Into The Forgotten Fjord with Transfer | Small Group ?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
SUP Into The Forgotten Fjord with Transfer | Small Group
3 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 20 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsStand Up PaddleboardingPorts of Call ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingReykjavikShore Excursions - VikStand Up Paddleboarding - VikPorts of Call Tours - VikShore Excursions - SkaftafellStand Up Paddleboarding - SkaftafellPorts of Call Tours - SkaftafellShore Excursions - South IcelandStand Up Paddleboarding - South IcelandPorts of Call Tours - South IcelandCategory
Aurora Reykjavik (Northern Lights Center) Tours & TicketsFaxaflói Bay Tours & TicketsSnaefellsjokull National Park Tours & TicketsVatnajokull National Park Tours & TicketsThrihnukagigur Volcano Tours & TicketsThe Pearl (Perlan) Tours & TicketsSun Voyager (Solfar) Tours & TicketsThingvellir National Park Tours & TicketsSaga Museum Tours & TicketsMt. Esja Tours & TicketsStrokkur Tours & TicketsLangjökull Tours & TicketsImagine Peace Tower Tours & TicketsSilfra Fissure Tours & TicketsHafnarfjordur Tours & TicketsReykjanes Peninsula Tours & TicketsHveragerdi Tours & TicketsNational Museum of Iceland Tours & TicketsVolcano House Tours & TicketsLaugardalur Tours & Tickets