- Snorkel in the Silfra Fissure at Thingvellir National Park
- Explore the marine life between the North American and European plates
- All necessary snorkeling equipment and thermal wetsuit are provided
- Enjoy GoPro photos of your snorkel experience taken by your guide
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Meeting point is at Silfra Parking lot - located in Thingvellir National Park. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure time of the tour. Directions: Park your car at P5 - Parking 5 at Thingvellir National Park - From there you can walk to the Silfra Parking Lot.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form –https://troll.is/medical). You can sign the form at the meeting location.
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim.
- Communicate in English at the time of the tour.
- Be physically fit.
- Not be pregnant.
- You must be ready to wear a tight and constricting dry suit to protect your body from the cold.
- You must be a minimum of 150 cm and a maximum of 200 cm in height and weigh between 45 and 120 kilos along with being physically fit.
- - You must be a maximum of 69 years of age to participate in this tour. If you are over 60 years of age, you need a medical waiver, available on page 2 of the Medical Statement.
- You must be a minimum of 12 years of age to participate in this tour. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour.
- If you are over 45 and partake/have partaken in pipe smoking or heavy alcohol intake, you need a medical waiver.
- Please note that should you have any neurological, circulatory or respiratory problems or underlying diseases, battled any illnesses or have any physical problems you might have to turn in a physicians allowance to participate in this tour.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not suitable for people over 65 years old
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Troll Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Totally cool to snorkel in a clear river - no fish but neat colors and cool experience." See review