- Small group guarantee
- 4-hour northern lights tour in the comfort of a super jeep
- Hunt for the mysterious lights in the Icelandic countryside
- Learn all about this natural phenomenon from a knowledgeable local guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Sitting comfortably in the spacious vehicle, keep your eyes on the sky as your guide hunts for the best spot from which to find the lights. The northern lights, otherwise known as the aurora borealis, are caused by magnetic storms that paint the sky in vibrant shades of green, pink and other colors. Your chance of seeing them depends on certain variables (weather, location, chance), so sightings are never guaranteed, but you can rebook your tour at no extra cost (subject to availability) if you don’t see the lights.
Throughout the evening, you’ll learn all about the lights from your guide, including why Iceland is one of the world’s most accessible places to see the natural spectacle.
Your 4-hour tour concludes with a drop-off back at your hotel in Reykjavik.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small group experience limited to maximum 16 participants per guide
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, good hiking shoes are highly recommended.
- Warm outdoor clothing is essential, also waterproof clothing, hat and gloves.
- This tour is weather dependent and, as such, is liable to last-minute cancellations (up until 6:15pm on the day)
- If you do not see the northern lights, or if your tour is cancelled due to bad weather, you may rebook for another evening free of charge (subject to availability). Contact the local supplier in order to rebook. Contact details are mentioned on your voucher.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "If you don’t, you can re-book a future trip at no charge." See review