Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day Golden Circle and Kerid Crater Lake tour from Reykjavik
- See the meeting point of the American and Eurasian tectonic plates in Thingvellir National Park
- Visit the highlights of the Golden Circle including the Geysir geyser and Gullfoss Waterfall
- Admire the little-visited natural wonder of Kerid Crater Lake
- Great-value tour includes pick-up service and round-trip transport
- Small-group tour limited to 19 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Your tour begins at Thingvellir National park, where you’ll get the rare opportunity to walk right on the meeting point of the American and Eurasian tectonic plates. Learn about the shifting of the plates and their influence on Iceland’s volatile volcanic landscapes from your guide as you admire the views, and hear more about Iceland’s history as you visit the site of the world’s first parliament.
The photo-worthy landscapes continue, as you stop by the Geysir geothermal area to see geysers including Strokkur and Geysir, the geyser after which all others are named. Stick around long enough to watch the Strokkur geyser erupt (around every 10 minutes), spurting a column of water up to 98 foot (30 meters) in the air.
Stop for a lunch break near the hot springs (own expense) and then continue to the mighty Gullfoss waterfall, one of Iceland’s most visited sights.
Your final stop of the day is the magnificent Kerid Crater Lake. Gaze out over the dramatic volcanic crater, which measures an impressive 886-foot (270-meters) wide and 180-foot (55-meters) deep, and marvel at the glittering crater lake at its heart.
Relax on the ride back to Reykjavik, where your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel or nearest meeting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age is 5 years old.
- Only small luggage like a small backpack can be taken on this tour
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nicetravel ehf
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "But, just be prepared that you might not see the Northen Lights and hotel drop off can be as late as 3am." See review
- "A little bus added to the specialness of this tour, would highly recommend nice travel tours to anyone who planned to go to Iceland" See review
- "Definitely worth doing the trips, such as this one, that include the Kerid Crater." See review