Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Secret Lagoon swim, buffet dinner, and Northern Lights hunt from Reykjavik
- Enjoy an Icelandic buffet dinner at a country restaurant
- Take a road trip to chase the Northern Lights in the dark skies
- Includes air-conditioned transport, dinner, lagoon entry, and hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Bus stop 6 - Safnahúsið / Culture House
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Then, set off through volcanic plains, pastures, and hills to the Secret Lagoon, Iceland’s oldest swimming pool. Recently renovated but still exuding old-fashioned charm, this outdoor pool is fed by natural hot springs seeping up from the earth, creating a crystal-clear and beautifully warm natural lagoon.
On arrival, use the changing facilities to either don your own bathing suit, or rent a bathing suit and towel (both at additional cost). Then, wade into the relaxing waters and soak in the picturesque scenery as you swim.
After a while, feeling duly revitalized, hop out of the water, and change back into your clothes. Then, reconvene with your guide and vehicle, and continue to a nearby country restaurant.
Take a seat and savor an appetizing buffet dinner of traditional Icelandic dishes, with alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available to purchase (own expense) with your meal.
Afterward, hop back in your vehicle, and set out on a hunt for the Northern Lights, with your guide and driver using their local knowledge to seek out this natural phenomenon.
Travel away from any urban light pollution, and keep watch for the lights overhead as you hear the science and stories behind them. Stop at the best viewpoints known to your guide, and with luck, enjoy a sighting of the luminescent ribbons moving across the sky.
As midnight approaches, arrive back in Reykjavik, where your tour ends with a drop-off at or near your hotel or at a central location.
Please note: Sightings of the Northern Lights on this tour cannot be guaranteed, and are subject to conditions on the day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Sightings of the Northern Lights are never guaranteed, and are subject to conditions on the day
- Towels and swimwear are available to rent (own expense) at the Secret Lagoon, or you may bring your own with you
- Please note: Sightings of the Northern Lights on this tour cannot be guaranteed, and are subject to the forecast. If northern lights are not visible on the day, no refund will be applicable as it is only 1/3 part of the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Iceland
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Secret Lagoon, Buffet Dinner, and Northern Lights Tour from Reykjavik.