- 2.5-hour Reykjavik whale watching tour in the midnight sun
- Learn about Icelandic whales from an onboard multimedia show
- Make the most of the Icelandic summer sun and see wildlife at night
- Look out for marine life such as humpback whales and harbor porpoises
- Enjoy the tranquillity of being at sea by night
Departure & Return
Please be at the Elding ticket office at least 15 min prior to departure.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As you cruise away from the harbor, watch a short, onboard multimedia show for an introduction to Iceland’s marine life. Once out on the open water, claim a spot on the deck to look out for humpback and minke whales, white-beaked dolphins and harbor porpoises. Your ship’s friendly crew will assist in spotting and identifying the sea life.
Admire the colorful hues of the night sky as the sun hovers just above the horizon, and enjoy the tranquil sights and sounds of the illuminated sea when the captain cuts the engine. Warm up inside the ship’s Wi-Fi–equipped cabin if you like.
After 2.5 hours on the water, you ship returns to the harbor around 11 pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress warmly; a hat and gloves are recommended.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- OPERATED BY Elding Whale Watching
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms