- Northern Lights viewing tour from Reykjavík
- A chance to see the spectacular Aurora Borealis
- Seasonal tour available from September to mid-April
- Choice of evening departure times available
Departure & Return
BSI Bus Terminal is the meeting point for the tour.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Depending on the weather and ‘Aurora forecast’, your guide takes you to the viewing locations where you are most likely to spot the Northern Lights, so make sure you have your camera ready. If you’re lucky, get a chance to admire the mesmerizing light show, before journeying back to Reykjavík, where your tour ends.
Please note: the Northern Lights in Iceland are visible only during the winter months, from September to April, and sightings are not guaranteed. However, if you don‘t see any Northern Lights during the tour, you are welcome to join the tour again, free of charge, on another night. For this reason, we recommend booking your Northern Lights tour for early-on in your trip, in case it needs to be rescheduled.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers with young children are advised to take the 20:00 departure which is available from 15 October through 14 March 2020.
- This tour depends on weather and sightings are not guaranteed. The tour may be cancelled on the day if the weather is poor
- Remember to dress warmly
- No pickups from hotels
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Indicated return times can vary.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- OPERATED BY Reykjavik Excursions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Northern Lights Tour from Reykjavik.