- 2.5-hour aurora borealis cruise on Faxaflói Bay
- Discover the science of the Northern Lights
- See the coastline at night
- Enjoy a boat with viewing decks and a heated cabin
- Once-in-a-lifetime experience
Departure & Return
Meet us at the red and white ticket office at the harbour to collect your boarding ticket(s).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Northern lights are a natural phenomenon and very unpredictable, so remember to bring patience and optimism with you.
- If the northern lights are not seen on your tour you will be given a complimentary ticket, which is valid for two years.
- Weather is a bit factor for the Northern Lights Cruises and we may have to cancel the tour.
- We recommend wearing good sturdy footwear and warm clothing including; thermals, hat, scarf and gloves.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- OPERATED BY Elding Whale Watching
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Northern Lights Cruise from Downtown Reykjavik.
- "Worth a try, as everything was professional and easy to navigate/get to." See review
- "We barely saw the northern lights due to cloud cover I still recommend this trip rather than driving around in a bus." See review
- "Very cold evening, but the company provided very warm snow suits that were fabulous." See review