Explore our promoted experiences
- Gaze down at the unspoiled Icelandic scenery just north of Reykjavik
- Touch down on the flat top of a Mountain summit and soak up the views (weather dependent)
- Pose for panoramic photos against a backdrop of coastal plains and volcanic hills
- Choose from a morning or afternoon helicopter tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Reykjavik Domestic Airport/ East side Address: Building 313, Nauthóslvegur 58d, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland Directions: The Domestic Airport is in Reykjavík City Centre, a short 5 minutes drive from the main shopping street Laugavegur. Please note that we are on the East side of the aiport, behind Icelandair Hotel Natura and in between Isavia and the domestic airline Eagle Air. We are NOT on the West side where the domestic airline Air Iceland is located. Unfortunately our address varies between GPS types but one of the following should work: Building 313 / Hangar 1 / Nauthólsvegur. Dates: Daily Return point: Returns to original departure point
|Monday - Sunday:||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Monday - Sunday:||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Meet your experienced pilot, and listen to a short briefing. Then, settle into your seat beside the pilot or in the row of seats behind.
Feel the excitement as your helicopter takes to the skies and gaze down over Reykjavik below, surrounded by a backcloth of magnificent mountains and the waters of Faxafloi Bay. Take in the awesome views as you swoop around Mt Esja or another local mountain, and thrill as your helicopter soars upwards to the top before gently touching down on the flat summit.
Next, step out of your helicopter and drink in the sweeping mountain-and-city panoramas around you. Pose for photos and identify the different points of interest with help from your knowledgeable pilot. Then, climb back aboard and ascend into the skies again.
Experience the adrenaline rush as you fly over the edge of the summit, revealing the steep drop below, and then fly back over Reykjavik’s churches, rooftops and harborfront.
Your tour ends when you leave your helicopter and say goodbye to your pilot.
Please note: Landing on a mountain summit is weather-dependent. For this reason, the landing location of your tour will be decided on the day, according to localized weather conditions.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 120kg. will be required to purchase an additional ½ seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- Duration of tour is based on an approximate basis.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nordurflug Helicopter Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms