- 11-hour Golden Circle, Kerid Crater, and Blue Lagoon tour from Reykjavik
- Walk between the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates in Thingvellir National Park
- Visit Gulfoss Waterfall, the Geysir geothermal area, and the lake-filled Kerid crater
- Bathe in the warm turquoise waters of the Blue Lagoon (own expense)
- Learn about Iceland’s volcanic landscapes and natural wonders from a guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off, and Kerid admission fee included
- Small group of 19 travelers or fewer
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please note that Nicetravel offers free pickup and drop off from hotels within Reykjavik. As buses are not allowed to drive in certain areas of Reykjavik centre, your pick up may be from the nearest bus stop. After receiving your pickup information, we will notify you of your exact pick up location.
If you do not require hotel pickup, you can meet the tour at Nicetravel office in Fiskislóð 45M, 101 Reykjavik. Please notify Nicetravel directly if you intend to use this option and be there before 08:30.
Pickup takes place between 08:30 - 09:00, so please be ready from 8:30 at your pickup location and look out for a bus with NICE travel logos.
- Skarfabakki Harbout
What To Expect
Then, set out into Iceland’s stark countryside on your 11-hour tour. On route, listen to intriguing facts about the country, hearing about its history, geology, and culture from your guide.
Head into UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park, one of Iceland’s famous Golden Circle sights. Learn how it lies within a belt of volcanic activity, and is home to the mid-Atlantic ridge, where the tectonic plates of North America and Eurasia face each other over a valley. Walk between the plates as you hear how they are gradually moving further apart, and savor the experience of straddling the two continents.
Take a detour from the Golden Circle to visit the Kerid (Kerið) crater, a 3,000-year-old crater filled with a lake. Peer into the 180-foot (55-meter) deep hollow, and admire the magical-looking blue lake cradled by the red- and green-colored slopes.
Visit the Geysir geothermal area, exploring the surreal-looking landscapes on foot. View the bubbling ponds and steam vents, and see the Geysir and Strokkur geysers, the latter shooting water up to 98 feet (30 meters) every five to 10 minutes.
Stop at the Gulfoss Waterfall, taking in this beautiful 105-foot (32-meter) fall, and then continue to Iceland’s famous Blue Lagoon, a geothermal spa surrounded by lava-sculpted countryside.
Head inside (own expense, with pre-booking of your admission ticket required) and change into your bathing suit. Then, enjoy a long soak in the warm, therapeutic waters, lying back in the steam and admiring the lava fields as you bathe.
After about two hours here, your tour finishes with a hotel drop-off in Reykjavik.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that admission tickets to the Blue Lagoon are not included and must be pre-booked seperately. After booking the tour, you will receive a message with further information on how to book the Blue Lagoon tickets. If you have any problem with this then please let us know as soon as possible and not later than 48 before your tour departure. The tour arrives at the Blue Lagoon at 5pm / 17:00 so Blue Lagoon tickets should be booked for that time.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nicetravel ehf
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Golden Circle, Kerid Volcanic Crater, and Blue Lagoon Day Trip from Reykjavik.