Day Trip to the Hidden Valley of Thor Thorsmork from Reykjavik
Lowest Price Guarantee
up to 24 hours in advance
10 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore the beautiful valley of Thórsmörk, a favorite spot for nature lovers in Iceland. Travel with an experienced guide in a sturdy Jeep that can handle bumpy terrain, allowing you to go deep into this spectacular wilderness. En route, you’ll see the towering Seljalandsfoss waterfall and the outlet glacier of Gígjökull, part of the Eyjafjallajökull glacier. Your Jeep splashes through streams and over rough terrain on your way to the valley bottom, where you can take guided hikes through the stunning unspoiled landscape.
- Full-day tour to Thórsmörk valley from Reykjavik
- Discover the natural wonders of the gorgeous valley and other sights en route
- Admire the Seljalandsfoss waterfall
- Stop to see the outlet glacier of Gígjökull
- Explore trails in the valley of Thorsmork, situated between the Tindfjallajökull and Eyjafjallajökull glaciers
- Enjoy a fun ride in a sturdy 4WD vehicle that crosses rivers and bumpy terrain with ease
- Learn about the region from the informative guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup available from all hotels and guesthouses in the greater Reykjavik area. please contact us when you have booked your hotel for smooth pick up in the morning
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code: hiking shoes recommended, warm clothing in general
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Activity Iceland
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Day Trip to the Hidden Valley of Thor Thorsmork from Reykjavik?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Day Trip to the Hidden Valley of Thor Thorsmork from Reykjavik?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Day Trip to the Hidden Valley of Thor Thorsmork from Reykjavik?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Day Trip to the Hidden Valley of Thor Thorsmork from Reykjavik?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 23566P2
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsExtremeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesLuxury & Special OccasionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingReykjavik4WD Tours - VikSporting Events - VikExtreme - VikFull-day Tours - Vik4WD Tours - SkaftafellSporting Events - SkaftafellExtreme - SkaftafellFull-day Tours - Skaftafell4WD Tours - AkureyriSporting Events - AkureyriExtreme - AkureyriFull-day Tours - AkureyriCategory
Harpa (Reykjavik Concert Hall and Conference Centre)Thor's Woods (Thórsmörk)Reykjanes PeninsulaHveragerdiVidey IslandFimmvörðuháls VolcanoSkógafossSkogar MuseumSaga MuseumHofdi HouseThe Pearl (Perlan)Hallgrim's Church (Hallgrímskirkja)BessastadirSkarfabakki Cruise TerminalNational Gallery of IcelandImagine Peace TowerReykjadalur Hot Spring Thermal RiverÁrbaer Open Air Museum (Árbaejarsafn)Sun Voyager (Solfar)Thrihnukagigur Volcano