Are you interested in?
369 Tours & Activities
648 Tours & Activities
Vatnajokull National Park Tours
48 Tours & Activities
3 hours 30 minutes to 4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Go off road and off the beaten track on this guided tour to Skálafellsjökull glacier. Traveling in a small group, aboard a custom-built Super Jeep (the largest vehicles in Iceland), travel through the glacier valley of Sultartungnagil, setting for several Hollywood movies. Continue on through the Skálafellsjökull glacier outlet and take in the views of Vatnajökul before reaching the peak of Brókartíndur to soak in the view from the top.
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention of your glacier-trained guide
- Get off the beaten track in a Super Jeep
- Small-group tour for a more personal experience
- Get insight into the history and geology of the area from your guide
Saved to wishlist!
Live commentary on board
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointIce Explorers Summer location, Flatey á Mýrum , 781, Höfn, Iceland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Transport is wheelchair accessible; however, be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited, which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Warm and waterproof clothes are recommended depending on the weather. Hiking shoes tend to be useful, but runners are also acceptable
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ice Explorers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 47191P3
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeExtremeSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesHofnReykjavik4WD Tours - VikSporting Events - VikNature and Wildlife - VikExtreme - Vik4WD Tours - SkaftafellSporting Events - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellExtreme - Skaftafell4WD Tours - South IcelandSporting Events - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandExtreme - South IcelandCategory
Imagine Peace TowerSeljalandsfossHarpa (Reykjavik Concert Hall and Conference Centre)Hallgrim's Church (Hallgrímskirkja)Reykjavík Art Museum HafnarhúsFimmvörðuháls VolcanoWhales of IcelandHveragerdiStrokkurReykjadalur Hot Spring Thermal RiverThor's Woods (Thórsmörk)Faxaflói BaySilfra FissureVolcano HouseNational Gallery of IcelandSkaftafell National ParkAurora Reykjavik (Northern Lights Center)Skarfabakki Cruise TerminalReykjanes PeninsulaSecret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin)