Explore our promoted experiences
- 3-hour Old Town Quito walking tour
- Stroll through Quito's historic center, including Independence Plaza and the Government Palace
- Admire the architecture of Iglesia La Compañía de Jesús
- View point of the San Francisco Towers
- Visit one of the city’s most important traditional markets and sample tropical fruits and juices
- Make your own ice cream using uniquely South American ingredients
- Hear about the stories and history of Quito from an informative guide
Departure & Return
Entrance of the Teatro Sucre (Plaza del Teatro), Old Town Quito. View on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/zNjR21pBqSaEj24g8
Old town Plaza Grande
What To Expect
Kick off your sightseeing at Independence Plaza, home to the Independence Monument, Government Palace and the Archbishop’s Palace. Travel through energetic crowds as your guide unlocks the history of this central Quito stop.
Swing by La Compañía de Jesús, a Jesuit church boasting an elaborate façade made entirely out of volcanic stone, and an interior rich in gold leaf. Visit the University of San Gregorio and make your way to La Ronda, one of the most picturesque streets in Old Quito.
Switch to culinary delights as you learn how to make ice cream using uniquely South American ingredients. Follow your guide’s recommendations and try flavors that you’re not likely to find back home.
After this sweet note, your tour ends at La Ronda street.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years old
- For your Intrepid Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination. View full policy.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Intrepid Urban Adventures - Latin America
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms