8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Experience the best of the Sierra region on a full-day trip to Cotopaxi National Park with horseback riding. Hotel pickup takes you El Pedregal to a local hacienda where you’ll enjoy a traditional drink. After your horseback ride, enjoy a provided boxed lunch before heading to the park. There, you’ll get up close to ancient lava flows, wild horses, and more.
- Have an authentic cultural experience
- Enjoy an included box lunch
- Relax in convenient hotel pickup and drop-off
- Take a break from the hustle and bustle of Quito
Saved to wishlist!
Certified naturalist English speaking guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up will be done at 7:00 a.m. from your hotel or address, within Quito's district.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- 10 C° - 18 C° / 50 F° - 64,4 F
- It is responsibility of every traveler that he/she is adequately insured against personal accidents and medical expenses during his/her trip to Ecuador, as well as having travel cancellation and baggage insurance to protect him/her.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Passengers must weight below 190 pounds due to the carrying capacity of the horses.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Our guides and drivers will follow vehicle cleaning and personal care protocols, with disinfectant products during the tour.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ecuador Best Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Horseback Riding and Cotopaxi National Park Private Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Horseback Riding and Cotopaxi National Park Private Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Horseback Riding and Cotopaxi National Park Private Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Horseback Riding and Cotopaxi National Park Private Tour?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 23463P8
Explore Similar Things to Do
Horseback RidingNature and WildlifeOutdoor ActivitiesQuitoHorseback Riding - MindoNature and Wildlife - MindoHorseback Riding - Nueva LojaNature and Wildlife - Nueva LojaHorseback Riding - ArmeniaNature and Wildlife - ArmeniaCategory
Cathedral of Quito (Catedral de Quito)Guayasamin Museum (Casa Museo Guayasamin)Casa del Alabado Museum of Pre-Columbian ArtLimpiopungo LagoonPresidential PalaceSanto Domingo Plaza (Plaza de Santa Domingo)Avenue of the VolcanoesMindo Cloud ForestYanayacu Biological StationMariscalCapilla del Hombre (Guayasamín Museum)Sangay National ParkIñaquito Market (Mercado Iñaquito)El Altar MountainCarmen Alto Convent (Museo de Carmen Alto)El PanecilloEl Sagrario ChurchSan Francisco Church (Iglesia de San Francisco)Museum of Colonial Art (Museo De Arte Colonial)Calle La Ronda