1 day (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
You may also like
Immerse yourself in the wild terrain of Ecuador’s Cotopaxi National Park during this combination biking and hiking excursion. Journey through the surreal volcanic landscape and grassy highlands in Cotopaxi to begin a hike to the 15,780-foot (4,810-meter) Jorge Rivas Refuge. You’ll also have a chance to admire the park’s glaciers amidst the sky-high environs of Limpiopungo Lagoon at 16,400 feet (5,000 meters). Finish your day with a thrilling (optional) downhill bike ride and lunch before returning to Quito. Your Cotopaxi adventure includes national park fees, breakfast and lunch and cycling equipment.
- Combination hiking and biking adventure in Cotopaxi National Park
- Hike to the 15,780-foot (4,810-meter) Jorge Rivas Refuge to enjoy stunning views
- Admire glaciers at the high-altitude Limpiopungo Lagoon, situated at 16,400 feet (5,000 meters)
- Take a thrilling downhill bike ride down to the lagoon (optional)
Saved to wishlist!
Mountainbike & helmet
Transportation from and to Quito’s meeting point.
Meals as described in itinerary (1x breakfast 1x lunch).
24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish.
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Additional food and drinks
Personal health & travel insurance
Optional tips for the guide
Departure & Return
Quito 170129, Ecuador
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
Quito 170136, Ecuador
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Important things to bring: warm and waterproof clothing, rain jacket, gloves, a big bottle of water, sun block SPF 50-100, a cap or hut, a scarf or buff, sunglasses and passport.
- Keep in mind that climate at 4000 meters can change suddenly from sunny to cold with stormy winds and wet snow.
- It is important that you will have current travel insurance including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unpredictable circumstances
- Please note: For the use of bicycles, you will be kindly asked to sign a document that you accept responsibility of the good use of the bicycle and you will be asked to let an identity document that will be given back after the tour. Thank you for your comprehension
- Necessary equipment: Please bring with you the following items: warm clothing (including a change of clothes) gloves, scarf, hat, sunglasses, long socks, cotton pants and waterproof jacket. Water. Hiking shoes/boots. Camera. Snacks. Sun cream
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- In order to process your reservation please help us with all this information:
- Meeting point:
- In La Mariscal (new town) area: the bus leaves at 7am from the corner of Juan Leon Mera and Mariscal Foch (in front of the Magic Bean restaurant). Please be there at 6:50am.
- In the Historical centre (old town) area: the bus leaves at 6:40am from Cafe Jumandi (Caldas street E1-83 and Rios street, diagonal of the San Blas church). Please be there at 6:30am
- Arrival and departure information of international flights
- Whatsapp phone number (in case you use Whatsapp and would like us to contact you that during your stay via Whatsapp)
- For all guests:
- Passport numbers
- Date of birth
- Food restrictions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please take into consideration that lunch will be served at around 03:00 PM, so it is recommended to bring some extra food.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ecua Horse Rides
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Shared Full-Day Hike and Bike Cotopaxi National Park?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Shared Full-Day Hike and Bike Cotopaxi National Park?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Shared Full-Day Hike and Bike Cotopaxi National Park?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Shared Full-Day Hike and Bike Cotopaxi National Park?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 14070P8
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursOvernight ToursNature and WildlifeMountain Bike ToursExtremeFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingQuito4WD Tours - MindoSporting Events - MindoBus Tours - MindoOvernight Tours - MindoNature and Wildlife - MindoMountain Bike Tours - MindoExtreme - MindoFull-day Tours - Mindo4WD Tours - Nueva LojaSporting Events - Nueva LojaBus Tours - Nueva LojaOvernight Tours - Nueva LojaNature and Wildlife - Nueva LojaMountain Bike Tours - Nueva LojaExtreme - Nueva LojaFull-day Tours - Nueva Loja4WD Tours - ArmeniaSporting Events - ArmeniaBus Tours - ArmeniaOvernight Tours - ArmeniaNature and Wildlife - ArmeniaMountain Bike Tours - ArmeniaExtreme - ArmeniaFull-day Tours - ArmeniaCategory
Cayambe VolcanoMindo Cloud ForestCotopaxi VolcanoYanayacu Biological StationGuayasamin Museum (Casa Museo Guayasamin)Independence Plaza (Plaza de la Independencia)San Francisco Church (Iglesia de San Francisco)Cathedral of Quito (Catedral de Quito)Casa del Alabado Museum of Pre-Columbian ArtArchbishop's Palace (Palacio Arzobispal)El PanecilloPresidential PalaceSanto Domingo Plaza (Plaza de Santa Domingo)Museum of Colonial Art (Museo De Arte Colonial)El Altar MountainCalle La RondaCarmen Alto Convent (Museo de Carmen Alto)MariscalBasilica of the National Vow (La Basílica del Voto Nacional)Iñaquito Market (Mercado Iñaquito)