Departure & Return
We pick up and drop off guests at the airport in Punta Arena, Chile.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- The order of sites visited may vary.
- The weather can vary from one minute to another. Please bring a light jacket or rain coat. If it is a rainy or cloudy day, the volcanoes may not be visible, which is beyond our control.
- From April to November, the penguins migrate away from Isla Magdalena. During these months we will visit Fort Bulnes and the Strait of Magellan Park. We will drive along the Strait of Magellan where you will see a variety of seabirds, including seagulls, caiquenes, ibis, cormorants, and others. The trip takes about an hour. Our first destination is the landmark that marks the geographic center of Chile, where you can take pictures. We then continue to Fort Bulnes, located in the Strait of Magellan Park, offering fascinating insights into both the motivations of the region’s predominantly Eastern European settlers and the struggles of the remarkably resilient indigenous inhabitants. Founded in 1843 under the command of President Manuel Bulnes, the fort was abandoned and burned down six years later, due to the challenging living conditions and the harsh terrain. In 1943, the fort was reconstructed and it was fully restored in 2002. As you explore the grounds, learn about the original construction of the buildings, manufactured from logs, dirt and bricks made of grass. See the small church and chaplain’s quarters, and visit the jail, post office and stables. Discover the barracks and log cabins at this historic military outpost and imagine living within its defensive walls as you enjoy fabulous views of the Strait of Magellan!
- Most travelers can participate
- Your health is our priority. All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing in compliance with the U.N. World Health Organization’s Guidelines to Restart Tourism (25 May 2020). You will be the only guests in the tour van. We also provide hand sanitizer and masks are available for all guests.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Chile Dream Tours
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff