- Full-day Uros, Taquile, and Amantani tour from Puno
- Explore the Inca ruins of Amantani Island
- Browse the handicrafts markets and enjoy lunch on Taquile Island
- Visit the unique floating islands of the Uros people
- Great-value tour includes hotel pickup, entrance fees, and lunch
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
On arrival, follow your guide on a hike to the highest point of the island, where you’ll be rewarded with a spectacular view of the lakes and the surrounding islands. Spend some time admiring the island’s Inca ruins and learning more about its fascinating history, before heading back to the boat.
After time on the water, arrive in Taquile Island in time for lunch (included) and tuck into some tasty Peruvian cuisine, followed by a cup of traditional coca tea. With your appetite sated, spend time exploring the island’s lively markets, admiring the vibrant handicrafts and perhaps purchasing some distinctive souvenirs.
As you cruise back towards Puno, stop to visit the Uros floating islands, tiny manmade islands made from buoyant totora reeds. Climb aboard one of the islands to gain an insight into the local culture and learn how the islanders build and maintain the islands, their houses, and boats from the reeds; sample typical island foods; and watch performances of traditional dancing, weapons, and handicrafts.
Arrive back in Puno in early evening, where a driver will be waiting to take you back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travel Times:
- Boat Puno – Amantani 3h30 min
- Boat Amantani – Taquile 1 hour
- Boat Taquile – Uros 2h
- Boat Uros – Puno 30 min
- Keep in mind
- This tour is suggested for people between 12-60 years. Or at least good physical condition.
- We recommend bringing bottled water for the trip (due to long walks); After taking them, keep the bottles on the boat that return to Puno, please do not leave empty bottles on the islands.
- Specifically, for this tour it is important to have a good physical condition We recommend bringing trekking/hiking shoes. In Amantani an uphill hike of about 1 hour to see the ceremonial temples are located on the top of the island is made.
- During the months of November to January (summer) are usually rainy months, so we recommend wearing clothes waterproof, warm.
- We recommend bringing snacks or energy bars because of the long walks, so you will need more calories to make physical effort.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Inca Lake
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized