3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Eat your way through a part of Puerto Vallarta on this extensive and very edible 3.5-hour tour of the local Pitillal neighborhood. With the guide by your side, get acquainted with the many flavors and cooking styles of Mexico. Go beyond the realm of the average tourist and indulge in dishes such as slow-cooked meat, tacos, freshly grilled shrimp, churros and much more. The small-group tour is limited to just eight people, ensuring a lot of personalized attention.
- 3.5-hour guided eating and walking small-group tour of Puerto Vallarta's Pitillal neighborhood
- Learn about the gastronomic history of the off-the-beaten-path part of town
- Samples everything from tacos to tortas, churros to popsicles
- Experience what it's like to be a local in PV
- Small group tour limited to eight people, ensures lots of personalized attention
Saved to wishlist!
Guided walking tour
Tastings at 8 different locations
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Plaza del Pitillal, Centro Pitillal, 48290 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
Google Maps Link: https://goo.gl/maps/jS4bZDQH38e51ph56
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Moderate amount of walking is involved. Not wheelchair accessible
- There are enough food tastings that, for most people, lunch afterwards is not needed
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements or allergies at time of booking by filling out the 'Special Requirements' box
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Vallarta Food Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Taste of Pitillal Food Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Taste of Pitillal Food Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Taste of Pitillal Food Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Taste of Pitillal Food Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Taste of Pitillal Food Tour
3 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingPuerto VallartaFood Tours - JaliscoWalking Tours - JaliscoHalf-day Tours - JaliscoFood Tours - San Jose del CaboWalking Tours - San Jose del CaboHalf-day Tours - San Jose del CaboFood Tours - Los CabosWalking Tours - Los CabosHalf-day Tours - Los CabosCategory
Aquaventuras Park Vista Vallarta Golf ClubZona RomanticaLos Muertos Beach (Playa Los Muertos)Marietas Islands (Islas Marietas)Marina VallartaVallarta Botanical Gardens (Jardín Botánico de Vallarta)Nuevo VallartaGringo GulchChurch of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Iglesia de Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe)Boca de TomatlanEl Tuito