4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Take a private tour from Puerto Vallarta into Banderas Bay with a marine biologist. You will have the guide and the boat to yourself on this whale watching adventure. Depart from the marina and spend the morning spotting whales from a safe distance that won’t disturb them. Make sure you bring your your questions for the expert, and your camera to capture the moment.
- Spend the morning on the well-equipped boat and enjoy lunch on the water
- You will learn all about all sorts of marine wildlife, not just whales
- Suitable for all ages; kids will love the individualized attention
- This tour runs in the winter, when the humpback whales return to Vallarta
Saved to wishlist!
The listed price does not include a $40 pesos per person port tax, payable at the time of tour check-in. The departure tax is required by our local supplier and/or the local transit or governing authority and is not within our control.
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transportation to/from attractions
Souvenirs (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Condominios Marina Sol S/N, Marina Vallarta, 48354 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Rain or shine the tour will depart.
- Seasonal operating December to March
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to covid restrictions, maximum 8 passenger per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Vallarta Natours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Whale Watching Tour in Puerto Vallarta?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Whale Watching Tour in Puerto Vallarta?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Whale Watching Tour in Puerto Vallarta?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Whale Watching Tour in Puerto Vallarta?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Whale Watching Tour in Puerto Vallarta
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeWhale WatchingWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingPuerto VallartaNature and Wildlife - JaliscoWhale Watching - JaliscoNature and Wildlife - San Jose del CaboWhale Watching - San Jose del CaboNature and Wildlife - Los CabosWhale Watching - Los CabosCategory
Aquaventuras Park Gringo GulchEl TuitoChurch of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Iglesia de Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe)Boca de TomatlanMarietas Islands (Islas Marietas)Los Muertos Beach (Playa Los Muertos)Vallarta Botanical Gardens (Jardín Botánico de Vallarta)Nuevo VallartaMarina VallartaVista Vallarta Golf ClubZona Romantica