7 to 8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
See penguins in the wild, visit UNESCO-listed historical sites, and ride a boat across the Chacao Canal on this private tour to Chiloé Island from Puerto Montt. An ideal orientation of the area for first-time visitors, this tour makes it easy to see top sights in Chiloé Island such as the penguins of Puñihuil and the cities of Ancud and Castro in just one day, plus provides plenty of insight you might miss without a guide.
- Private tour lets you see Chiloé Island in comfort with a personal guide
- Efficient itinerary packs in Puñihuil Beach, Ancud, and more in one day
- Guide shares insight into local culture you might miss on your own
- Door-to-door transportation from your hotel solves transport logistics
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We can also pick-up from Ancud if that is where you are staying. Please inform us at time of booking.
- puerto montt cruise port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY GV Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Chiloe Island: Penguins of Puñihuil- Ancud City & famous "Curanto al Hoyo" ?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Chiloe Island: Penguins of Puñihuil- Ancud City & famous "Curanto al Hoyo" ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Chiloe Island: Penguins of Puñihuil- Ancud City & famous "Curanto al Hoyo" ?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Chiloe Island: Penguins of Puñihuil- Ancud City & famous "Curanto al Hoyo" ?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingAncudPuerto MonttBus Tours - PatagoniaFull-day Tours - PatagoniaBus Tours - San AntonioFull-day Tours - San AntonioBus Tours - SantiagoFull-day Tours - SantiagoCategory