- Day or evening trip to Chacahua Lagoons National Park
- Sail across the five lagoons of the park and into mangrove forests
- Visit Chacahua village, Corral island, and a bird sanctuary
- Learn all about the area of La Costa Oaxaqueña and its history
- Enjoy a lagoon swim, a beach campfire, and the sunset at the Chacahua lighthouse (night trip)
- Round-trip hotel transport from Puerto Escondido included
Departure & Return
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
After morning pickup, travel north and arrive at the Rio Grande cattle-raising village. Here, taste delicious beef tacos or goat barbecue (breakfast not included). Continue to the village of Zapotalito, where you’ll board a boat and cruise along the five lagoons that make up the Chacahua Lagoons National Park.
Learn about each of the lagoons, journey into mangroves, and see a bird sanctuary. Head to Corral island and arrive at the village of Chacahua. During your time here, swim in a natural pool, visit a crocodile farm, and enjoy a delicious dish of shrimp or fish (additional cost). Gain insight into Afromestizo culture along the way. You’ll be dropped off back in Puerto Escondido in the early evening.
After a mid-afternoon pickup, enjoy all the activities described above. In addition, visit the Chacahua lighthouse and snap photos of the sunset. Experience a beach campfire and swim in a bioluminescent lagoon. You'll return to your hotel in the late evening.
Please note: A minimum of four people per booking is required.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Excursiones Turisticas de Valfred
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff