- Day trip from Porto to Santiago de Compostela, Spain, and Valença do Minho Day, Portugal
- Visit the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela, where the pilgrim route St James Way ends
- See Compostela’s historic Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Enjoy free time in Santiago de Compostela to have lunch and explore more at your own leisure
- Visit Valença do Minho city center and see its fortress
Departure & Return
Our Tourism office is located on the top of Rua Mouzinho da Silveira door number 352-354, near São Bento Train Station.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Follow in the footsteps of thousands of pilgrims on St James Way, one of the most famous pilgrimage routes in the world. Holy seekers have been traversing this path since the early Middle Ages, and the tradition continues on today.
At the end of your walk along the trail, your reward is confronting the Gothic, housing the remains of the apostle St James. Listen to your guide illuminate this holy site with its history. Then, explore the cathedral, admiring its majestic interior, stately bell towers, golden altar and Romanesque sculptures. Next, refuel with an authentic local lunch consisting of octopus or seafood in Santiago (own expense), then head to Santiago's UNESCO World-Heritage-listed old town district.
When you’ve seen enough, hop back in your air-conditioned coach and begin your journey back to Porto. But first, stop at Valença do Minho, an historical village in the north of Portugal, located on the border between Portugal and Spain. Also known by its "Caminhos de Santiago" Valença do Minho is dominated with a fortress of two towers and a double great wall projected in the Vouban Style. An Engineer and an military architect from the XVII e XVIII centuries.
Take time to explore this great city with its historical essence before returning to Porto, where your day trip concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- There is no bathroom on board the bus
- Dress code is smart casual
- The tours may be changed without prior notice
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum passenger required to run - 4 persons
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cityrama
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Porto: Santiago de Compostela and Valença do Minho Day Trip with Lunch.