9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Go back in time and experience important moments in Portugal’s past on this full-day private tour of Braga and Guimarães from Porto. Your guide/driver will pick you up from your hotel and escort you to the oldest city in the country, Braga, also known as the “Rome of Portugal” for its rich culture and traditions. Here you’ll visit the Sé Cathedral, the Bom Jesus Sanctuary and Sameiro Sanctuary. Next it’s off to the medieval city of Guimarães, where you’ll visit several historic sites including the Guimarães Castle, the Palace of the Dukes and the city’s center. Don’t miss this chance to get out of the city and explore the most historic places in Portugal.
- A full-day private tour of Braga and Guimarães from Porto
- Explore the oldest city in the country while in Braga
- Learn about this history of religious sites such as the Sé Cathedral, the Bom Jesus Sanctuary and Sameiro Sanctuary
- Travel back to medieval times in Guimarães and visit the Guimarães Castle and the Palace of the Dukes
- Enjoy the intimacy of a private tour and customize the day to fit your preferences
- Avoid extra hassle with free hotel pickup and drop-off
Saved to wishlist!
Pick-up and drop-off
WiFi on board
Entrance to the monuments
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
You can provide us your stay location and we will pick you up.
- Porto Airport, Porto Portugal
- Leixões port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to COVID-19 some tour plans and vehicle capacity may change
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Meridian4People - Portugal
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Braga and Guimarães full-day private tour from Porto?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Braga and Guimarães full-day private tour from Porto?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Braga and Guimarães full-day private tour from Porto?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Braga and Guimarães full-day private tour from Porto?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPortoShore Excursions - Northern PortugalBus Tours - Northern PortugalPorts of Call Tours - Northern PortugalHistorical Tours - Northern PortugalFull-day Tours - Northern PortugalShore Excursions - BragaBus Tours - BragaPorts of Call Tours - BragaHistorical Tours - BragaFull-day Tours - BragaShore Excursions - Peso Da ReguaBus Tours - Peso Da ReguaPorts of Call Tours - Peso Da ReguaHistorical Tours - Peso Da ReguaFull-day Tours - Peso Da ReguaCategory