- Full-day Douro Valley tour from Porto with an expert guide
- Enjoy a lunch of typical Douro cuisine at a renowned local restaurant
- Visit two traditional wine estates in the heart of the valley for wine-tasting sessions
- Learn about the history, culture and people of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Douro region
- Upgrade to include a Douro River rabelo boat tour with scenic valley views
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your centrally located Porto hotel
What To Expect
Then continue on to Pinhão and admire the scenery with free time to explore the lovely village independently. Perhaps stroll to the Pinhão train station to view its blue-and-white tile murals depicting the scenic countryside and swathes of vineyards that make up the Douro landscape.
If you’ve upgraded your full-day tour to include a Douro River cruise, hop aboard a rabelo boat—a traditional cargo boat native to this region—for a leisurely ride. Meander up the Tua River tributary and pass by Quinta da Romaneira before returning back to Pinhão.
Either before or after your cruise (if you've upgraded), pop into one of the wineries on the agenda for the day before lunch.
After a traditional lunch of typical Douro cuisine accompanied by wine at a renowned restaurant, your guide takes your small group to another family-run estate where you discover local winemaking and enjoy a tasting session of award-winning ports and wines.
Stop by the shop to make any purchases before departing the Douro Valley for the relaxing return drive to Porto, arriving at your hotel in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for infants
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Cooltours (Oporto)
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Douro Valley Small-Group Tour with Wine Tasting, and Optional Lunch and Cruise.