- Day tour of the Douro Valley from Porto
- Absorb spectacular views from multiple lookout points
- Enjoy tasting sessions at local wineries
- Take a scenic boat ride on the Douro River
- Lunch and round-trip transport from Porto hotels are included
Departure & Return
The pick-ups are made between 8h and 8h30. The customer will receive the exact pick-up time the day before by email, text, or WhatsApp. Also, note that may be asked to meet us on a meeting point close to the accommodation so it will be easier for the guide to do the pick-up.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your first stop is Peso da Régua, a sprawling riverside town famed for its production of port wine, where you drink in vistas of the city from an elevated lookout point. Then, visit wine estates to sample locally produced wine during a tasting session.
Lunch: expect to enjoy dishes such as roasted chicken, spicy rice, and fish stew.
Sated, board a boat and enjoy a river cruise down the Douro; delight in your beautiful surroundings before you return to the coach and travel to another viewpoint to capture sweeping panoramas of the landscape.
After stopping at a small wine village enshrouded in history, return to your Porto hotel and bid your guide farewell.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour available in: English - French - German - Portuguese - Spanish
- Private minibus available for groups
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age to drink is 16 years, but everyone can participate on the tour
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The services included in the tour are subject to third party availability and may change without notice.
- Usually tours run in one language but there are cases where one extra language or more can be used.
- The wine estates are subject to availability and may change to similar options with no prior notice.
- You may be asked to meet your guide at a meeting point no more than 5 minutes by foot from your location.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY CMTOUR - VIAGENS E TURISMO LDA
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Douro Valley Tour: Wine Tasting, River Cruise and Lunch From Porto with Pickup.