- Enjoy a whitewater rafting adventure on Costa Rica's Rio Sarapiqui or Rio Toro
- Challenging Class III and IV rapids are thrilling and fun without being dangerous
- Optional one-way transfer at end of excursion to San Jose
- Includes all rafting gear, snacks, beverages, and Costa Rican lunch
- Great way to enjoy an outdoor adventure while visiting Costa Rica
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
You’ll eventually reach your chosen rafting destination for the day, a site that will be selected by your guide on either the Rio Sarapiqui or Rio Toro depending on current conditions. Before setting off you’ll be given all necessary rafting gear and learn the proper rafting commands and safety procedures from your guides.
Then set off on a thrilling, 9-mile (13-kilometer) rafting trip, spending between 2.5 and 3 hours total on the water. Prepare to get wet as you challenge a range of Class III and IV rapids, stopping to catch your breath in the calm sections and look for toucans, monkeys and other wildlife in the surrounding forests. At the trip halfway point, you’ll take a break to enjoy an included snack of fresh fruit on the river bank before braving more rapids for the second half of the trip.
When your whitewater adventure comes to an end, enjoy an icy-cold beverage along with a dry towel and included Costa Rican-style lunch. After your meal, you’ll be delivered back to your hotel between 3:30 and 4pm. Guests who are interested can also select a one-way transfer to San Jose after the rafting trip (please arrange at the time of booking).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (Min Age 12)
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet. No flipflops allowed
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose
- Tour requires 1 adult minimum to book
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Wave Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff