To limit the spread of the coronavirus, attractions may be closed or have partial closures. Please consult government travel advisories before booking. The WHO is closely monitoring the coronavirus and more information can be found here.
4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Immerse yourself Mayan culture on this half-day guided excursion. After a convenient hotel pickup in Placencia Village, spend the day with Ernesto and Aurora Saqui and learn about Mayan traditions like herbal medicine and how to prepare tortillas and tamales on a hearth. Visit a cacao farm and discover the old-fashioned method of making chocolate—then enjoy the memorable experience of making your own.
- Explore Mayan traditions and ceremonies with the help of a local family
- Visit the jungle and learn how to make indigenous herbal medicines
- Prepare and taste local foods like chocolate, tortillas, and tamales
- Make the most of limited time with convenient hotel pickup and drop-off
Saved to wishlist!
Pick Up and Drop Off in Placencia Village.
Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of Placencia Village (but can arrange)
Departure & Return
Departure PointPlacencia, Placencia, Stann Creek
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant meals not included.
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Splash Dive Center Limited (but shown as Splash Dive Shop on Trip Advisor)
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Mayan Cultural Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Mayan Cultural Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Mayan Cultural Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Mayan Cultural Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 43876P13