- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Popular choice with kids
- Led by a local guide
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Departs from the carriage stand at 6th & Chestnut Streets Address: Departs from the carriage stand at 6th & Chestnut Streets. Dates: Daily Return point: All tours return to the carriage stand located at 6th and Chestnut Streets Call 215-923-8516 to arrange exact starting time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Visit the Society Hill neighborhood, with the largest collection of original 18th- and early 19th-century residential architecture of any location in the United States; and Old St. Joseph's Church, the first Roman Catholic church ever built in Philadelphia.
In Old City, see the famed Betsy Ross House, where it is believed the seamstress and flag maker lived when she created the first American Flag; famous Elfreth Alley, the oldest residential street in the US; plus the Philadelphia Mint (aka the United States Mint at Philadelphia), Benjamin Franklin’s grave at Christ Church Burial Ground, the nonpartisan National Constitution Center and much more.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, an alternative date or full refund will be offered
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Evening rides must be purchased at least 24 hours prior to departure date.
- Evening rides need to call to schedule a pick-up time after purchase.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Philadelphia TrolleyWorks
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Philadelphia Horse Drawn Carriage Tour.