- Day trip to Rottnest Island with coach tour, from Perth or Fremantle
- If departing Perth, cruise down Swan River, past local landmarks and Millionaire’s Row
- Listen to commentary from a guide as you circumnavigate the island by air-conditioned coach
- See spectacular locations including Wadjemup Lighthouse and the West End
- Upgrade to include lunch at Karma Rottnest
- Spot the island’s famous marsupial, the quokka, and marine life such as dolphins and fur seals
- Enjoy free time in the afternoon to explore at your leisure
Departure & Return
Ferry departs Barrack Street at 8:45am. We recommend arriving 30 minutes before departure.
Ferry departs B Shed at 9:30am. We recommend arriving 30 minutes before departure.
If you have selected a hotel pick up, please contact Rottnest Express directly to confirm your hotel pick up time.
What To Expect
Your day trip starts with the high-speed ferry ride to Rottnest Island. If you’re departing Perth, cruise along the Swan River to Fremantle, where the river meets the Indian Ocean, to pick up more passengers for the ride across the water to Rotto, as it’s referred to by locals. When you arrive, hop aboard your coach for an island sightseeing tour.
Listen to commentary from your guide about the history, culture and wildlife of the island, known for its secluded beaches and its resident quokkas, small marsupials who call Rottnest home. As you circle the island, make stops at Wadjemup Lighthouse and the West End, where you can hop off to stroll down the boardwalk, admiring coastal views. Look for fur seals at Cathedral Rocks, and watch for the possible humpback whale, which might be seen from September to November.
When your tour ends at Thompson Bay, you are free to enjoy the island independently until it’s time to catch the ferry back to Perth. Perhaps rent a bike to check out one of the 63 beaches or 20 bays, go snorkeling or stand-up paddleboarding, or visit attractions like Lomas Cottage, Rottnest Island Museum or Pilot Boathouse. (Rentals, activities and entrance fees are at your own expense.) If you select the lunch upgrade, head to Karma Rottnest for a buffet of hot dishes, deli items, salads, desserts and beverages.
Your day trip then ends with the return ferry ride to Fremantle or Perth.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rottnest Express
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff