- Day trip to Rottnest Island from Perth
- Start from Perth to cruise down the Swan River past Millionaire's Row, or join the ferry in Fremantle
- Enjoy a thrill-ride wildlife cruise around the island to see dolphins, seals and birds
- Watch for quokkas, the local marsupials
- Upgrade to include lunch at Karma Rottnest
- Spend free time exploring the island independently
Departure & Return
Ferry departs Barrack Street Jetty at 8:45am. We recommend arriving 30 minutes before departure.
Ferry departs B Shed at 9:30am. We recommend arriving 30 minutes before departure.
If you have selected a hotel pick up, please contact Rottnest Express directly to confirm your hotel pick up time.
What To Expect
When you arrive, embark on your thrilling high-speed wildlife cruise that takes you around the island’s many isolated bays and beaches, where you can watch for sea life like dolphins, seals and birds. After your adventure cruise, you are free to spend the afternoon at your leisure to explore the island however you wish. Perhaps rent a bike to travel down the car-free roads, go swimming or snorkeling in the turquoise water, or search for quokkas, the small marsupials who live on the island. (Activities, entrance fees, rentals, food and drinks are at your own expense.) If you select the lunch option when booking, head to Karma Rottnest for your included meal.
Maybe visit one of the historical attractions to learn about the heritage of Rottnest, which was discovered by Dutch explorers in the 1600s and has since been home to shipwrecks, an Aboriginal penal colony and an internment camp. Today, as an A-class nature reserve, it’s beloved for its tranquil atmosphere, rustic charm and minimal development.
When your time on Rottnest is up, return to Fremantle or Perth by ferry.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- By law, bicycle helmets must be worn when cycling, failure to do so can result in a fine
- Seasonal tour operate mid September to April
- Not suitable for children under 4 years old, expectant mothers, passengers with a pre-existing back injury or passengers confined to a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 42 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rottnest Express
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff