5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Visit to the world-renowned Pinang Peranakan Mansion and more on this half-day private tour of George Town, a UNESCO-designated city located on the Straits of Malacca. This heritage tour with personalized commentary from your very own guide offers a glimpse of Penang’s diverse arts and cultures. See colonial antiques at the museum before a visit to Little India, Chinese clan houses and Armenian Street.
- Private half-day tour of George Town, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- View museum antiques at the Pinang Peranakan Mansion
- Visit Little India and the city’s Chinese clan houses
- Admire murals on Armenian Street
- Hear personalized commentary from an informative guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by private vehicle included
Saved to wishlist!
A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide cum driver.
All applicable taxes and service charges
Entrance tickets to Khoo Kongsi Clan House and Pinang Peranakan Mansion
Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Penang Island hotel, Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide cum driver. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying on Penang Island. Transfers outside these areas (inclusive of George Town, Tanjung Bungah and Ferringhi Beach), including any accommodation on Penang mainland and from/to Penang International airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Tours and transfers are commonly operated by an English-speaking guide cum driver for smaller individual travellers.
- A minimum number of guests are required on tours to have a separate guide and driver confirmed for privately-booked tour options.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during An Unmissable Wander Through George Town?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during An Unmissable Wander Through George Town?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during An Unmissable Wander Through George Town?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during An Unmissable Wander Through George Town?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
An Unmissable Wander Through George Town
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPenangWalking Tours - LangkawiHistorical Tours - LangkawiHalf-day Tours - LangkawiWalking Tours - Ko LipeHistorical Tours - Ko LipeHalf-day Tours - Ko LipeWalking Tours - Hat YaiHistorical Tours - Hat YaiHalf-day Tours - Hat YaiCategory
Penang Tunnel Museum (Penang Time Tunnel)Khoo Kongsi (Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi Clan House & Museum)Penang House of MusicPinang Peranakan MansionPenang State Museum and Art GallerySun Yat Sen Museum PenangPenang Bridge (Jambatan Pulau Pinang)Wonderfood Museum PenangLittle IndiaPenang Armenian Street (Lebuh Armenian)KomtarEscape Theme Park PenangTeddyVille MuseumCheong Fatt Tze Mansion (Blue Mansion)Monkey BeachMade in Penang Interactive MuseumPenang Botanical Gardens (Taman Botani Penang)Snake Temple (Hock Hing Keong)Asia Camera Museum PenangUpside Down Museum