- Half- or full-day private food tour from Bologna or Parma
- Discover the revered culinary heritage of Emilia Romagna, an area famed for its fresh produce
- Visit a Parmesan cheese dairy, a Parma ham producer and a wine cellar
- Pair filled pasta, cheese and cured meat with local wine during lunch at a local wine cellar
- Tour a traditional balsamic vinegar house to learn how they make their specialty condiment (if full-day tour option selected)
- Pickup and drop-off from central Parma or Bologna included (if car and driver option selected)
- Receive undivided attention from a private guide
Departure & Return
Just outside Autostrada A1 Exit "Parma" on your right in front of Roadhouse Grill Restaurant.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 5 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
The first stop is at a diary to sample some of the famed Parmesan (or Parmigiano) cheese. Often referred to as the 'King of Cheese,' Parmesan is aged for 12, 18 or 24 months and has a slightly different taste for each age. Learn about the process of making this amazing cheese and, of course, try some yourself.
Next up: stop by a producer of prosciutto. In Parma, this cured ham is famed the world over. Learn about the process of curing prosciutto and sample some of the melt-on-your palate pork. After, visit the medieval town of Torrechiara for a photo op in front of the imposing 15th-century castle.
Move on to lunch in a wine cellar in Parma where you'll get the chance to munch on cured meats, locally made cheeses and homemade cakes. Wash it all down with a glass of Malvasia or Lambrusco, a lovely sparkling red wine from the region. When you're done, head back to Parma or Bologna where the tour ends by being dropped off at your hotel or your own designated drop off point.
Full-Day Tour (7 Hours):
Follow the tour above as part of your morning itinerary. Then, post lunch, go try some authentic balsamic vinegar in Modena and Reggio Emilia, handcrafted by masters whose techniques go back to the Middle Ages. Learn how balsamic is made and taste some of it, as the guide instructs on what makes excellent balsamic vinegar.
In the afternoon, return to Parma or Bologna (depending on option selected), where your tour concludes.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please note if you chose the self-drive option from Bologna, you will meet the guide once in Parma. The guide may come in your car, or will be driving her/his own car and you would follow in your car.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please note that the locations mentioned in the program might change for availability reasons with similar ones.
- Please pay attention to the program that the tour provider will send you before the departure date through the Viator message center
- Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity.
- Most travelers can participate
- * **Stringent Cleaning** - We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests.
- * **Social Distancing** - Guests will stay at a safe 6-foot distance during all points of the tour. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE.
- * **Wellness Checks** - Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
- * **Our preparation!** - Emlpoyees and suppliers have followed exclusive Anti-Covid 19 classes in order to ensure that all our experiences will be perfectly safe and at the same time enjoable.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY FOOD VALLEY TRAVEL
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "This is an excellent tour I highly recommend to anyone interested in the area and its food culture!" See review