- Half-day, fully guided small-group tour with skip-the-line access to the Palace & Gardens of Versailles
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines at Versailles
- The tour also includes the famous Versailles fountain show or musical gardens on selected days
- Small-group tour up to 25 people ensuring a more personalized experience
- With Skip-the-Line Access to the Palace of Versailles, return coach transfers and your guide to get you there, let this tour take the hassle out of your Versailles visit so all you have to do is to relax and enjoy
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meeting point is outside the Metro stop Invalides on the rue de l'Université, 75007 Paris Your guide will be standing in front of the metro exit with a sign.
This tour ends at the Palace of Versailles. You will be provided with a return train to Paris.
What To Expect
Once inside, explore the lavish design and ornament that adorns every room of the enormous complex. Marvel at the more than 13,000 pieces of art and fine furnishings, the sumptuous private chambers, and the elaborate gardens. With your pass, view the King’s and Queen’s luxurious apartments, the Royal Chapel, the Hall of Mirrors, the Coronation Room and the Hercules Drawing Room—a reminder that King Louis XIV glorified himself as a deity.
As you walk, enjoy your guide’s colorful commentary. Hear about the eccentricity and ambition of the French monarchy from the mid-17th century until the French Revolution. Discover the exciting details of the day in 1789 when Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette were dragged from Versailles by an angry mob, to be eventually beheaded in Paris.
Finish your tour with a stroll through the gardens, covering more than 1,800 well-manicured acres. Depending on the day and your tour option, catch the Fountains Show or the Musical Gardens show before departing.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- • Please note that on some occasions, return transportation to and from Versailles will be provided using a comfortable and modern train.
- UPDATE TO COVID PASS REQUIREMENTS: from January 15th 2022, public venues will require visitors above the age of 18 to prove that they have received a booster shot (3rd injection) 7 months after their second injection. This is reduced to 4 months as of February 15th 2022.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "I would recommend that you make sure to bring lots of water to keep you hydrated as the lines in the cafes can be quite long!" See review
- "It would be great if we can have at least 30 mins - 45 mins more to spend in the garden in order to be able to catch the ride back, especially if it is summer and is peak period." See review