- Hear stories, legends and little-known facts about Père Lachaise Cemetery
- See all of the best known graves including JimMorrison and Chopin.
- Entertaining and informative tour led by exceptionally knowledgeable guide
- Personalized small group and commentary (maximum 25 people)
Departure & Return
Meet at the exit of the metro stop Alexandre Dumas, on Line 2. Your guide will be waiting at the exit with a sign – there is only one metro exit at this stop.
What To Expect
Hear about some of the site’s famous artists, musicians and writers that rest here such as Edith Piaf, Molière, Chopin, Proust, Delacroix, Jim Morrison and Oscar Wilde. Wander through the labyrinth of graves and along stony paths to visit tombs accented in eccentricity and distinction.
As you experience the haunting magnificence of the cemetery, you’ll learn tragic histories of lovers like Heloïse and Abelard – united in a single tomb in the 1817 after centuries apart – and forward-thinking women like writers Gertrude Stein and Collette.
Your tour concludes at Porte du Rèpos near the Philippe Auguste metro stop.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note tour runs only in English
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Paris Père Lachaise Cemetery: Famous Graves of Paris Walking Tour.
- "If you mobility problems you might twice about doing this on a tour." See review
- "Booking a tour for this was the right thing to do as it's a very big place." See review
- "Is better to go with someone who knows to know and she knows so much The cemetery is huge and if for that we got a tours" See review