Explore our promoted experiences
- 4-hour beginning scuba diving class in Paraty
- Learn how to scuba dive with a PADI-certified instructor while fully equipped
- Explore a shallow dive site with your guide for a safe and fun experience in warm waters
- Look for tropical fish, sea urchins and sea cucumbers in the underwater world of a colorful reef
- Diving equipment and round-trip transport from most hotels included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Go through a fun and easy safety course on dry land. Learn scuba diving techniques and theory, as well as underwater communication. Once you feel comfortable with the basics of diving and have gotten to know your equipment, it's time for your first open water dive. Paraty is one of Brazil's top dive destinations and is known for its rich marine life and high underwater visibility. The warm, clear waters make it a great place for a beginner dive.
Experience a 30-minute dive on the nearby reefs, descending to 10-20 feet (3-6 meters). Watch as your instructor-guide points out tropical fish, colorful sea urchins, sea cucumbers and maybe even an octopus. Use the time to get comfortable in the water and practice some of your newfound skills.
Return to shore, where you'll transfer back to your Paraty hotel for drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- You should bring a swimsuit, towel, and sunscreen.
- Diving spots can be made on slabs or on cliffs. They will be defined according to the interest and the level of certification of the clients, in addition to the climatic conditions.
- Dives generally occur on Ilha dos Meros, Ilha dos Cocos, Laje dos Meros, Ilha Comprida or Ilhote dos Meros.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Brazil
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms