- Witness a kava ceremony, watch traditional dancing, and try Fijian cuisine while visiting a village on the Navua River
- Swim in a series of natural pools created by waterfalls
- Soak in the lush scenery along the river while floating on a bamboo raft
- Includes lunch, all activities, and port pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Cruise up the Navua River by canoe, taking in the scenic landscape of villages, tropical rainforest, and waterfalls. Stop at a small village where a local warrior escorts you to the village meeting house (bure) and introduces you to village traditions including the sacred yaqona (kava) ceremony.
Your guide shares the history of the village and shows you gardens with native crops, medicinal herbs, and kava plants. Watch young men perform war dances and women perform folk dances (except Sundays), and have the option to join in. You also visit a village pre-school and learn about handicraft souvenirs made by the villagers.
Have a typical lunch of Fijian fare and watch as the main dishes are uncovered after cooking in an underground oven.
Next up, head to the biggest waterfall in the area, which is situated about one hour up the river. A short walk takes you to the first pool, and your guide can lead you to bigger waterfalls if you're feeling adventurous.
Your final activity is a leisurely float downriver on sturdy bamboo rafts, which was the main mode of travel before roads and motor vehicles were introduced.
At the end of your tour, your guide returns you to the Suva cruise ship port.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children 15 yrs & under must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- On Sundays, the cultural dances in the village may not be available as it is the Sabbath and most dancers attend church
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Discover Fiji Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.