Are you interested in?
- Full-day private tour of Osaka and Sakai
- See temples, gardens, and 'kofun' tombs
- Transport in a private luxury vehicle
- Pickup and drop-off at your Osaka hotel
- Private tour means a flexible itinerary and personalized attention from your guide
- Lunch at a kaiten sushi, or revolving sushi, restaurant
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please do let us know where to pick you up. Locations outside of central Osaka (defined as the JR Loop Line) incur an additional fee of between 1,000 yen and 2,500 yen each way.
- Osaka (Tempozan)
What To Expect
Then it's on to the grounds of Shitennoji Temple, which dates back to the 6th century. Explore the Japanese garden (at an additional cost) and see the shrines, grand dates, and pagoda.
Your next stop is the old entertainment quarter of Shinsekai for a quick walking tour of emblematic landmarks.
Then visit the large Shinto complex called Sumiyoshi Taisha, where you'll see the famous arching bridge and note differences in style from the Buddhist temple on your guided tour.
Stop for lunch at a kaiten sushi, or 'revolving sushi', restaurant, before continuing to Sakai, a city that borders Osaka to the south. From the Sakai City Hall, get a panoramic view over the city, including its large 'kofun', or tombs. Explore one of the tombs, then explore nearby Daisen Park (tickets not included), home to a modern Japanese garden.
Please note: the Shitennoji gardens are closed on the 21st of each month and the Japanese gardens at Daisen Park are closed on Mondays. If Daisen Park's Japanese Garden is closed on the day of your tour, you can choose an alternative activity.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Please note that the Japanese gardens at Daisen Park are closed on Mondays (unless Monday is a holiday, in which case they are closed on Tuesday). If Daisen Park's Japanese Garden is closed on the day of your tour, you can spend time shopping, touring other locations by car, or something else to your liking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Gratuities are uncommon in Japan, however if you really enjoyed your time and want to show your guide how much you appreciate them, they’ll be extremely happy!
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Pinpoint Traveler, Inc
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Car Full Day Tour of Osaka Temples, Gardens and Kofun Tombs.
- "It's one thing to visit shrines and temples alone but having a guide enhances the experience and you get so much more out of it!" See review