Explore our promoted experiences
- A small-group Japanese cooking class in Osaka
- Master traditional Japanese cooking techniques
- Taste Japanese fare like green tea, takoyaki, and miso soup
- Small group tour limited to eight participants ensures a personal experience
Departure & Return
Top of the stairs exit ④ of (subway)Imazato station.
What To Expect
Start your class in the morning, meeting your guide in central Osaka and continuing on to the cooking studio.
Start your class by following your instructor to prepare miso soup, a dish where subtle differences in technique can have large impacts on the final dish. Then try your hand at making takoyaki—fried balls of wheat flour batter stuffed with octopus. You also learn to prepare okonomiyaki, a filling pancake made with egg, flour, cabbage, pork and dried bonito flakes.
Once you’ve completed your cooking, enjoy your finished food with an optional sake and beer pairing, or simply sit back and savor the delicious flavors of your meal with the other guests.
Before you leave, you get to try Taiyaki (a fish-shaped cake) and Matcha tea.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers, except for age 2 years and under
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Sake/beer sampling options: Option 1 - Osaka Local sake tasting (6 different sake served in sake cup); Option 2 - Osaka local sake and beer (4 different sake served in a sake cup and 1 bottle - 330ml of Osaka local beer)
- Please be understand contract becomes invalid if 10 minutes late.(will not be refunded)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cooking Class YAYO
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Excellent to see Yayo again, her great class is easy for cooking beginners and fun for pros, and delicious!" See review