- Half-day tour of Osaka's highlights with river cruise
- Ride the subway train to your first destination
- Follow your professional guide on a walk to Osaka Castle
- Explore Osaka's Shogun history through spectacular exhibits
- Relax on an Aqua Liner boat cruise around Nakanoshima
- Hear interesting commentary on the sights you pass
Departure & Return
Departure PointHotel Granvia Osaka, 3-chōme-1-番１号 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka, 530-0001, Japan
Return DetailsOsaka Station, 3-chōme-1-1 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka, 530-0001, Japan
What To Expect
Start by meeting your guide around midday at the Hotel Granvia Osaka, where you’ll head to the subway to take a quick ride to Tenmabashi station for a visit to Osaka Castle. This immense defensive structure, first built in the 16th century, offers an impressive landmark that towers above the area’s surrounding park. It’s a particularly scenic spot during the spring, when Japan’s cherry blossoms are out in full force.
Head inside the Castle, where you’ll have a chance to explore its unique 3D exhibits, holograms and other intriguing displays illustrating historic Osaka. You’ll also see the many relics left behind by the Toyotomi, who were responsible for the castle’s construction.
Continue next to the riverbanks to begin your cruise of the waterways of Osaka. Climb aboard your ship, the Aqua Liner, for a leisurely cruise around Osaka’s Nakanoshima lsle, checking out key landmarks such as City Hall, the Umeda Sky Building and Osaka Castle. Depending on the time of year, you may also be able to see beautiful displays of autumn leaves or blooming cherry trees in spring.
Finish your board ride and climb back on land with your guide, heading to Osakajo-Koen station for the return ride back.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
- This tour uses public transportation with non-reserved seats. Please note that seating is not guaranteed.
- As this is a walking tour, please wear shoes and clothing that are suitable for walking. The total walking distance is approximately 3 km.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The tour may use Osakajokoen Station on the way to Osaka Castle instead of Temmabashi Station.
- If the Aqua Liner is out of service due to bad weather or other operational concerns, the tour will visit the Osaka Museum of History instead. If the Aqua Liner is unavailable on a Tuesday, when the Osaka Museum of History is closed, refunds will be issued by the guide on the tour day (JPY 1,700/Adult, JPY 850/Child). 7. Tour ends after arrival at Osaka Station.
- Tour ends after arrival at Osaka Station.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Osaka Afternoon Walking Tour : Osaka Castle and Osaka River Cruise.