- 2-day trip to Mt Koya from Osaka with overnight temple stay
- Visit two esteemed World Heritage-listed Buddhist temples with an informative guide
- Tour Okunoin Temple and see the mausoleum of Kobo Daishi
- Step inside the Konpon Daito and Kondo Hall at Danjo Garan
- Enjoy traditional Japanese meals and an onsen during your overnight stay at Fukuchi-in Temple
- Includes round-trip express train, local bus and cable car
Departure & Return
Departure PointSwissôtel Nankai Osaka, 5-chōme-1-60 Nanba, Chuo Ward, Osaka, 542-0076, Japan
Return DetailsNamba Station, 5-chōme-10-1番60号 Nanba, Chuo Ward, Osaka, 542-8503, Japan
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A facility use charge of JPY 4,400 (tax incl.) must be paid for infants age 5 and younger staying at Fukuchi-in. (As of Oct 1, 2020)
- Public transportation will be used for transfers within the Koyasan area. Please note that seating is not guaranteed.
- The guide will accompany you until arrival at the temple lodging in Koyasan on Day 1. There is no guide on Day 2 so please follow the itinerary on your own.
- The order of destinations and the lunch venue are subject to change.
- The temperature in Koyasan is about 8 degrees Celsius lower than in Kyoto and Osaka. Please bring warm attire.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking at sightseeing locations, so please wear shoes and clothes which are comfortable to walk in.
- Lunch will be bento box style Japanese cuisine. Buddhist vegetarian cuisine will be provided for customers that would like a vegetarian meal so please make a request on the day
- The temple lodging may be selected from Koyasan Onsen's Fukuchi-in or Soji-in. The guestroom at Fukuchi-in may or may not have its own toilet attached, and rooms cannot be selected. All guestrooms have private toilet at Soji-in. Private baths are not available at either temple lodging, so please use the large communal baths (public baths).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 3 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by 2-Day World Heritage Site - Mt. Koya Tour (With Guide on Day 1).