Kyoto Highlights 1 Day Trip - Golden Pavilion & Kiyomizu temple from Osaka
- Kyoto full-day sightseeing tour from Osaka
- Travel round-trip by JR rail or bus, 30 minutes in each direction
- Visit three UNESCO World Heritage sites: Nijo Castle, the Golden Pavilion and Kiyomizu Temple
- Explore Sanjusangendo Hall, Kyoto Imperial Palace and the enchanting Fushimi Inari Taisha with a knowledgeable guide
- Enjoy a Japanese-style lunch and browse for goods at the Kyoto Handicraft Center
- Discover plenty of photo opportunities with a backdrop of autumn leaves or cherry blossoms
Departure & Return
Departure PointHotel Granvia Osaka, 3-chōme-1-番１号 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka, 530-0001, Japan
Return DetailsOsaka Station, 3-chōme-1-1 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka, 530-0001, Japan
What To Expect
Embark on a comprehensive tour of the city’s impressive sites on an air-conditioned coach; begin at Nijo Castle, a foreboding 17th-century fortress declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Marvel at stolid features like gates and stonewalls and then note the contrast of its lavish interiors replete with gold leaf. Please note, if the castle is closed the Ryoan-ji Temple will be visited instead.
After strolling the beautiful gardens of the castle, return to your vehicle and venture to Kinkaku-ji Temple, another UNESCO World Heritage Site home to the Golden Pavilion. Absorb the botanical beauty of some of the world’s most authentic Japanese gardens and then head to Kyoto Imperial Palace, a majestic structure home to the royal family until the 19th century. When the palace is closed, the tour will visit the Kiato Shrine, a sacred structure deemed a national treasure. When the Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed, the tour will visit Kitano Shrine (Kitano Tenman-gu) instead.
Revitalize with a delicious Japanese lunch (no special arrangement meal is available) then climb back onto the coach and venture to Fushimi Inari Taisha, a vibrant shrine made of vermilion pillars. Admire the elegance of this alluring attraction and then visit Sanjusangendo Hall to explore Japan’s longest wooden structure. Gaze at endless rows of more than 1,000 Bodhisattva statues and listen as your guide explains their cultural significance.
Suitably impressed, venture to Kiyomizu Temple to absorb the UNESCO-listed splendor of the structure; enjoy sweeping vistas of Kyoto from the lofty terrace and capture fantastic photographs of the cherry and maple trees that surround.
Return to Osaka on the JR train with your guide when the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on the following days. As such, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead. (Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event)
- The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on January 25 and October 25.
- Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December. (Closed on the following day if Tuesday is a holiday.) If closed, or if the tour is during the year-end/New Year's holidays, Ryoan-ji Temple will be visited instead.
- During the Gion Festival (Sakimatsuri, July 15 - 16), drop-off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto will be unavailable due to traffic restrictions.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Participants will walk from the parking lot to Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine (about 15 min one-way).
- The tour will use JR train for transportation between Osaka and Kyoto. All trains have non-reserved seats. Please note that seating is not guaranteed.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- Seats may not be designated.
- A set menu meal will be served for lunch. For those who would like a vegetarian meal, please make sure to inform us at the time of reservation. If requests are not provided in advance, same-day changes cannot be accepted. Halal, gluten-free, and other meal requests are not available.
- For those that don't require lunch, please make a booking for the 'without lunch' plan. The 'without lunch' plan provides customers with free time to eat on their own in the Kyoto Station area.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Kyoto Highlights 1 Day Trip - Golden Pavilion & Kiyomizu temple from Osaka.