Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Full-day tour of Hiroshima and Miyajima from Osaka
- Visit the stunning Itsukushima Shrine, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore the scenic island of Miyajima
- View the somber remains of the Genbaku Dome
- Tour the exhibits at the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum
Departure & Return
Departure time:8:10a.m. Meeting point: Lobby Lounge on the 1st Floor (*Not 19th Floor)
What To Expect
On arrival, continue the journey to Miyajimaguchi by coach or train then board a boat traveling to the majestic Sacred Island, a landmass hailed as one of Japan’s most beautiful landscapes. Disembark and discover the natural and cultural treasures of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed island with your guide. See the shimmering Itsukushima Shrine then revitalize with a delicious lunch in a local eatery (own expense).
Reboard the boat and cruise back to Hiroshima to reflect on the heartbreaking history of the region. Take a moment of contemplation at the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park, a historical site near to where the atomic bomb exploded. See exhibitions that articulate the carnal destruction the bomb caused and marvel at the city’s regenerative recovery.
Finally, board a bus to the Atomic Bomb Dome (Genbaku Dome), a skeletal structure that miraculously survived the 1945 attack. Return to the station for the exhilarating return journey on the bullet train, where the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- If the minimum number of participants 2 is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Public transportation will be used during this tour and seating is not guaranteed
- Due to repairs starting from June 2019, part or all of Itsukushima Shrine's large torii gate will not be visible. (The scheduled end date for repairs is yet to be determined.)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour does not include meal charges for lunch. Please eat lunch on your own at Miyajima (not included).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- The type of transportation (mini bus, taxi van, taxi, train or other) between Hiroshima and Miyajima will vary depending on the number of participants.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by 1-Day Hiroshima & Miyajima Tour (Round-trip from Osaka).
- "It is a great way for the kids to learn History outside of the books and appreciate the value of peace and life." See review