- Private bizen ware pottery making lesson at a potter's studio in Okayama
- A personalized artistic experience
- Choose between making clay or bizen ware pottery
- Master the basic techniques of making bizen ware pottery, characterized by its rustic coloring
- Opt to have your pottery creation shipped to your home country at an additional expense
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Then, if you’ve chosen to experience bizen ware making, you’ll decide whether you want to use an electric wheel or form your pottery by hand. Sketch an idea for your bizen ware creation and then begin molding the clay under the guidance of a professional potter.
Alternatively, if you’ve opted for the clay making experience, you’ll smash dried clay with a wooden hammer before dissolving the material and kneading it with your feet. Finally, you’ll sieve stones using a wire and mold your clay creation.
Opt to have your pottery shipped to your home address for an additional expense at the end of your experience, which concludes back at Imbe station after two hours.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum participant is 2 persons
- Please note: your clothes might get dirty
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Beauty of Japan
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Bizen Ware Pottery Lesson with a Craftsman in Okayama.