- 1-hour helicopter tour around Oahu
- Enjoy a relaxing ride up in the air as you take in sights of the island
- Pass by Diamond Head, Koko Head, and the Polynesian Cultural Center
- Listen on headsets to hear your guide’s commentary clearly
- Choose from a morning or afternoon departure time
- This tour is wheelchair accessible
Departure & Return
For guests who are driving our van will pick you up 45 minutes prior to departure at the Kalaeloa Airport Tower parking lot.
Please arrive 1 hour 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Once you get situated into your helicopter, and everyone gets a headset to wear, it’s time to take off. Your helicopter soars up above the Oahu island. Your guide takes you around to some of the best sights of the area, and keeps you in the know about where you are.
Pass by spots, such as Diamond Head, Koko Head, Hanauma Bay, Sandy Beach, and Makapu‘u Lighthouse. Then, get a peek at Kāne‘ohe Bay, Mokoliʻi, Ka‘a‘awa Valley, and Sacred Falls State Park. Along the ride, keep a lookout for the Polynesian Cultural Center and Turtle Bay Resort. Catch a glimpse of famous surfing spots and the white-sand beaches of the Waianae Coast.
After all the excitement, your helicopter lands back at the airport.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver
- Helicopter holds 6 passengers; larger groups may be separated
- Due to the current social distancing requirements for the state of Hawai'i, face masks required for the duration of the flight.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Learn about our elevated health & safety protocol to help observe the COVID-related requirements of social distancing and sanitation on our website
- A visitor who has either quarantined for 10 days (showing an airline ticket with an arrival date 10 days prior to flight), or who can show that the pre-testing travel program accepted a negative test result from them.
- A resident who has been on island for at least 10 days or who has had a negative COVID-19 test in the past 72 hours.
- All guests weighing between 265 lbs – 300 lbs when weighed at check-in, will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 on our Hughes/MD 500 helicopter or $100 on our Bell 407 helicopter. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- We require that any guests weighing 300 lbs. or more purchase an additional empty seat to safely balance the aircraft. Upon check-in, we will weigh all passengers. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Seating is assigned based on weight and balance following guidelines which have been approved by the FAA. We cannot guarantee seats as the weight of guests must be balanced within the aircraft.
- A seat upgrade is not a guarantee; however, if you purchase a co-pilot and/or window seat upgrades, we will do our best to seat you in your purchased location. If we cannot accomodate a seat upgrade due to weight and balance requirements for your flight (or for any other reason), we will refund your upgrade purchase at check-in.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Paradise Helicopters
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms