2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Learn tales of Manhattan’s historical organized crime that most people never hear on this walking tour. Meet your guide—a retired New York City police officer or detective—and walk to once crime-ridden locations in Chinatown, the Lower East Side, and Wall Street. Visit crime sites, hear stories of gang warfare, crime rings, and the Mafia; and discover how, and to what extent, today’s city has cleaned up its act.
- Trace NYC’s sordid past on a crime tour with an ex-NYPD officer or detective
- Visit ‘hoods and sites where crime once ruled that you couldn’t find alone
- See old mob and gang haunts; and chart killings, turf wars, and drug rings
- Ideal for true-crime buffs wanting a hassle-free scoop on NYC’s dark history
Saved to wishlist!
Guided tour of the Lower East Side and Wall Street
Expert tour guide
Small groups of 20 people or fewer
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure Point11 Wall St, New York, NY 10005, USA
Return DetailsLittle Italy, New York, NY 10013, USA
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour may not be suitable for young children, as the subject matter can be disturbing
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Tour is in English only
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Take Walks New York by Walks
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during NYC Stories from the Dark Side with an NYPD Guide?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during NYC Stories from the Dark Side with an NYPD Guide?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during NYC Stories from the Dark Side with an NYPD Guide?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "As a frequent traveler, I can highly recommend this tour." See review
Product code: 7167P12
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesNew York CityUnique Experiences - New YorkWalking Tours - New YorkHistorical Tours - New YorkUnique Experiences - DelphiWalking Tours - DelphiHistorical Tours - DelphiUnique Experiences - BrooklynWalking Tours - BrooklynHistorical Tours - BrooklynCategory
Neue Galerie New YorkHarlemUnion SquareManhattan BridgeThe Museum at Bethel WoodsNiagara Falls9/11 Tribute MuseumFederal Reserve Bank of New YorkMarquis TheatreStephen A. Schwarzman Building (New York Public Library Main Branch)Radio City Music HallAl Hirschfeld TheatreStone Street Historic District New-York Historical Society Museum and LibraryMetLife StadiumMajestic TheatreStage 42Vivian Beaumont TheaterNewark Liberty International Airport (EWR)New York City Madison Avenue