Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Magnificent views as you cruise around New York Harbor
- Experience sailing on a tall ship, the only one of its kind in NYC
- Admire the Statue of Liberty and Brooklyn Bridge from the water
- Get hands-on and try steering and manning the historic sailboat
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
The original Clipper City was built as a lumber-hauling cargo schooner just before the start of the Civil War. It was then rebuilt from the original plans, which were on loan from the Smithsonian Institution, and more recently refurbished to the modern-day sailing vessel on this tour. The new and improved Clipper City is 158 feet (47 m) long and 120 feet (36 m) high and can accommodate 130 passengers, more than any other sailboat of its kind in the United States.
On this afternoon sail, enjoy beautiful views of New York City landmarks from one of two decks.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. Sails in light to moderate rain. If canceled due to severe weather, your sail will be rescheduled at no charge.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 149 travelers
- OPERATED BY Manhattan By Sail
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
See all safety measures taken by NYC Statue of Liberty Tall Ship Sail aboard Clipper City.