Departure & Return
Please meet your guide on the steps outside of Castle Clinton's North Entrance (the far side from the water). The tour guide will be there 15 minutes before the tour starts and will be carrying an orange flag.
Tour will end on Liberty Island. Guests can choose to explore more or head back on the next ferry.
What To Expect
Continue into the Pedestal Museum, which contains “flames” from Lady Liberty’s torch, as well as some of the statue’s original structure. Climb to the top of the pedestal for unmatched views of the New York City skyline, New York Harbor, and Liberty Island. Following the guided tour, enjoy time to visit the island on your own—there are places to purchase snacks, park benches with city views, and scenic walking trails. If time permits, the tour will also make a stop at Ellis Island before returning to Battery Park, where the tour concludes.
Please note: ferry lines and security wait times are much longer in the afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Prohibited items: any weapons (self-defense or otherwise), locking blades, tools of any kind, large non-folding umbrellas, tripods, laptops, tablet keyboards, luggage, coolers, drones, basketballs, sewing kits, lighter fluid, and anything propelled by aerosol.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early as the tour starts on time. You will not be able to catch up to the tour if late
- Important: Wait times at the ferry and security lines during the afternoon are much longer. There is a possibility of missing Ellis Island due to timing and boat schedule in the afternoon.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY ExperienceFirst
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- "Very good trip giving you all the details required and a must if you plan to visit the statue of liberty and the pedestal area." See review